When I look at the church, what gives me hope?
I am watching a movement of people who aren’t just discarding their faith but choosing a more embodied one that pays attention to people’s holistic personhood. As this happens, I am watching Christians become more healthy as they go to therapy, leave toxic spaces, and develop more inclusive theologies. My hope is that this process would not just impact people, but church systems and structures.
Read what others are saying:
- Church + Boldness = Hope – Bridget Eileen Rivera
- Church + Latinx Millennial Christian Leaders = Hope – Alexia Salvatierra
- Church + Change = Hope – Darren Calhoun
- Church + Clarity = Hope – Lauren Grubaugh
- Church + Marginalized Voices = Hope – Soong-Chan Rah
- Church + Openness to Different Voices = Hope – Randy Woodley
- Church + Stifling the Spirit = Hard to Hope – Myles Markham
- Church + God’s faithfulness = Hope — Nikki Toyama-Szeto
- Church + Gracious Spirit of God = Hope — Al Tizon
- Church + Recognizing God’s Presence = Hope — Kristyn Komarnicki
- Church + Reformation = Hope — Erina Kim-Eubanks
- Church + God’s perfection = Hope — Shane Claiborne
- Church + Stifling the Spirit = Hard to Hope — Myles Markham