When I look at the church, what gives me hope?
The Christian landscape is much bigger than the toxic evangelicalism that so often hijacks the headlines and colonizes our faith. The loudest voices haven’t always been the most beautiful voices. But there is something new stirring among us. And the good news is that Jesus has survived the embarrassing things that Christians have done in his name. The whole story is about imperfect people falling in love with a perfect God, and trying to help each other become more like the one we worship.
Read what others are saying:
- Church + Boldness = Hope – Bridget Eileen Rivera
- Church + Latinx Millennial Christian Leaders = Hope – Alexia Salvatierra
- Church + Change = Hope – Darren Calhoun
- Church + Clarity = Hope – Lauren Grubaugh
- Church + Marginalized Voices = Hope – Soong-Chan Rah
- Church + Openness to Different Voices = Hope – Randy Woodley
- Church + Stifling the Spirit = Hard to Hope – Myles Markham
- Church + God’s faithfulness = Hope — Nikki Toyama-Szeto
- Church + Gracious Spirit of God = Hope — Al Tizon
- Church + Recognizing God’s Presence = Hope — Kristyn Komarnicki
- Church + Reformation = Hope — Erina Kim-Eubanks
- Church + Embodied Faith = Hope — Brandi Miller
- Church + Stifling the Spirit = Hard to Hope — Myles Markham