When I look at the church, what gives me hope?
When I look at the church, what gives me hope is the trend of openness to hear voices different from themselves. A number of churches and para-church organizations are, for the first time, beginning to reckon with racism and their racist past. Some churches are doing research into the history of their own place and the genocide and land theft that it took for them to have the privilege to be free on their land. I realize this is a journey and everyone is in a different place on the journey, but my hope is that through honest prayer and accountable discernment, the restitution process will begin.
Randy Woodley, Co-sustainer, Eloheh Indigenous Center for Earth Justice/Eloheh Farm & Seeds
Read what others are saying:
- Church + Boldness = Hope – Bridget Eileen Rivera
- Church + Latinx Millennial Christian Leaders = Hope – Alexia Salvatierra
- Church + Change = Hope – Darren Calhoun
- Church + Clarity = Hope – Lauren Grubaugh
- Church + Marginalized Voices = Hope – Soong-Chan Rah
- Church + Stifling the Spirit = Hard to Hope – Myles Markham
- Church + God’s faithfulness = Hope — Nikki Toyama-Szeto